National Healthcare Hospitality Week
June 26-30, 2023
Every year HHN Members throughout North America provide vital support services to communities by welcoming thousands of patients and caregivers into their homes. Join HHN in recognizing the leadership role of hospitality houses in providing this essential support service.
National Healthcare Hospitality Week is fast approaching, start planning your house's celebration today. Here is a list with some suggestions from our members, including ideas from the HHN Membership Committee:
- Plan a week-long social media campaign.
- Download the National Healthcare Hospitality Week banner to share on social media.
- Download special graphics developed for HHN National Healthcare Hospitality Week - download the graphics below.
- Download the Social Media Toolkit developed by HHN members with recommendations for celebrating NHHW on social media.
- Host a Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Enlist volunteers and board members to send Letters to the Editor
- Create a list featuring your Top 25 physicians, social workers, etc., who refer guests to your house and reward them with homemade treats with a note of appreciation
- Host an ice cream social for volunteers, nurses, doctors, social workers, and community partners
- Host an info table with material about your house in the hospital
- Feature your volunteers and interview them about why they are committed to your house and programs. These interviews can be highlighted in your marketing materials throughout the year, including your newsletters, donor letters, website, etc.
- Invite donors to dinner for an evening to meet with your guests
- Host house tours
Additional documents, samples, and images: