Become a Certified Hospitality House
Registered users may access the CHH online learning system by logging in here.
About the CHH Program
This program provides members with access to our online learning management system, which contains over 60+ valuable educational courses specifically useful for our industry.
National certification exists for almost any industry you can imagine. The Certified Hospitality House program provides a long-overdue way to distinguish houses which maintain high training standards and follow best practices.
*Please note this is a continuously growing resource library and will be updated regularly as more courses are available.
Certified Hospitality House Certification
Once your house has obtained the required Continuing Education Units (CEU's), you are eligible to become a Certified Hospitality House. Please submit your request for certification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Hospitality House Certification Fee
Certified Hospitality House Certification: $200
Certified Hospitality House Recertification: $150
Certified Hospitality House
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Time Requirements (in hours)
|1-19 Rooms||20-39 Rooms||40-59 Rooms||60+ Rooms|
|Facility Management Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Guest Relations Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|NP Management Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Operations Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Human Resources Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Internal Improvements Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Emergency Management Hours||2 hours||4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|1-19 Rooms||20-39 Rooms||40-59 Rooms||60+ Rooms|
|Total CEU Hours||14 hours||28 hours||42 hours||56 hours|
|Recertification Hours||8 hours||14 hours||20 hours||26 hours|
Seven Core Certification Categories
In order to achieve the CHH designation, organizations are required to fulfill continued education units in seven core categories.
Having policies and processes in place to ensure the well-being and safety of guests, volunteers, visitors, and staff is the focus in this category. Topics include: natural disaster planning, active shooter drills, etc.
This category focuses on facility management specific trainings including architecture, design, expansion, and proactive maintenance programs.
Positive relationships and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Hours in this category include relationship and dialogue development.
Employee relations, staff development, recruitment, orientation, and retention are the focus in this category.
Hours in this area include trainings where the candidate has learned about oneself in a formal, structural way. Understanding self-care, compassion, fatigue, trauma stewardship, empathy training, and emotional intelligence is critical for professionals.
This category is critical to successful, mission delivery and include building your ideal board of directors, efficacy and feasibility studies, fundraising, development and annual and impact reports.
Business skills and effective use of resources are a prime component in successful house management. Hours in this area focus on business fundamentals critical to efficient process development and asset management.
Benefits Of Certification
Easy and affordable access to exclusive industry-specific education: The training platform has eliminated the hassle, personal expense, and inconvenience of being individually certified, while still preserving your ability to continually educate yourself and enhance the reputation of your house.
Other benefits include:
- Confirmation of quality for your valued donors and grant-making organizations.
- Improved availability and risk mitigation: employees with the right skills can identify problems and provide solutions with ease.
- Improved productivity and reduced cost, decreased turnover: employees with certifications tend to stay with organizations longer, reducing hiring costs and minimizing disruption to the organization. Reducing turnover can go a long way to mitigating financial and time losses that accompany high turnover.
- Superior agility: while many individual’s focus on specific tasks in their field, cross-training and upskilling staff with professional certification makes an organization more agile and improves the overall performance.
- Professional credibility: Give your guests, your partners, and your support community confidence in your organization.
- Boost productivity: studies by a variety of organizations (including Microsoft, IDC, CompTIA, and Novell) have shown that employees with a professional certification are more productive. That’s because certifications better prepare your team to deal with day-to-day challenges. Certification helps lead to more efficient processes and can improve the productivity of team projects.
- Improved efficiency: best practices in budget, financing, human resources, and can help your team quickly identify inefficiencies and can increase your success, financially.
- Become a better evaluator of the talent and skills of others. Once you work through Certification you will be in a better position to evaluate the skills of others, evaluate your own strength and weaknesses, and gain a broader understanding of the skills that are most effective.
- Gain confidence that your team set a goal, developed a plan, and worked through each benchmark.
- Gives you a growing toolkit to draw upon when needed. You have mastered and new body of knowledge and may have filled in areas that were blindspots prior to Certification.
- Experience is the greatest teacher, but Certification and standardized education benchmarks ensures that you have exposure to ideas outside of your comfort zone.
HHN has added a library of over 800 courses for our members to utilize. See below for a brief overview of collections for you to add to your teams library.
Health and Well Being: Caring for your mind is as important and crucial as caring for your body. Learn about the "Five ways to well-being" steps and how they can improve your mental wellbeing.
Mental Health: Learn important information about accessing support in the workplace for a mental illness. Take courses that build on information about Mental Health in your workplace.
Hospitality: Learn how to soft sell hospitality and what your customers expectations are. Customer service is about how they treat us, how they handle complaints or issues, and how they leave us feeling after an interaction.
Discrimination and Harassment: Everyone has the right to do their job without being treated unfairly. Learn about you’re responsible for protecting the organization and its employees from unfair harassment and discrimination.
Sexual Harassment: Learn about how to make sure you work somewhere you feel safe and can maintain healthy relationships with co-workers.
Dealing with Stress: If you learn how to manage your time properly, not only will you be more productive, you will also find yourself feeling a lot less pressure. Take a variety of courses on stress management.
Diversity: Learn the effect of knowing your own unique value, as well as that of others.
Recruitment: The recruitment process is an important part of human resource management, and it isn't done without proper strategic planning. Learn about how to recruit effectively.
Professional Training: Professional training is an ongoing process. Successful organizations expect continuing education and/or training to stay current with changes in their field. Build on your knowledge by a variety of training courses.
Get Started Today
Please review some of the FAQ's we have received. If you have questions or want to speak with staff, feel free to reach out to email@example.com